To volunteer as a Rugby Coach,
All volunteers must now complete the following clearances before working with children. If you have already completed any of these for another club, sport or school district, the clearances are acceptable as long as they have not expired. Please turn in all certificate to Club Registar at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. PA State Police Clearance:
Cost is FREE for volunteers. Usually instant approval. Have to renew every 5 years.
2. PA Child Welfare History:
Cost is FREE for volunteers. Maximum of 14 days for approval. Have to renew every 5 years.
3. FBI Background Check or Affidavit:
- Volunteers that HAVE been a continuous resident of PA for the last ten years, must swear or affirm in writing that they have no other convictions that would disqualify them: Click Here to Download form
- Volunteers that HAVE NOT been a continuous resident of PA for the last 10 years, must complete an FBI background check. https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/947/15/IdentoGo%20Service%20Code%203-12-2018.pdf
About 10 days for approval. You will need to register online first and then go get fingerprinted at an approved location.
Have to renew every 5 years.
4. Concussion Certificate:
FREE. 30 min to complete online. Have to renew annually.
5. Safe Sport Training
FREE. Have to renew annually. The initial course takes 90 mins. Subsequent courses only need to be the 30 min refresher course. https://usayhsrugby.org/news-resources/safesport/