Any Volunteer Coaches Over the Age of 17
To volunteer as a Recreational or Futures Coach, please first register online as a volunteer from the same link that you used to register your son or daughter. You may have already done so when registering your child, but if not, below is the link:
All volunteers must now complete the following clearances before working with children. If you have already completed any of these for another club, sport or school district, the clearances are acceptable as long as they have not expired.
Please upload all paperwork into your gotsport profile at:
If you do not already have an EPYSA gotsport account or are unable to log in using your email address please reach out to the club registrar, Michelle Klein at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can have your password emailed to you, if this is the first time you have logged in by clicking on Forgot Password? After you log in you will need to upload and complete in your Requirements under your Dashboard:
1. PA State Police Clearance:
Cost is FREE for volunteers. Usually instant approval. Have to renew every 5 years.
2. PA Child Welfare History:
Cost is FREE for volunteers. Maximum of 14 days for approval. Have to renew every 5 years.
3. FBI Background Check or Affidavit:
- Volunteers that HAVE been a continuous resident of PA for the last ten years, must swear or affirm in writing that they have no other convictions that would disqualify them: Click Here to Download form
- Volunteers that HAVE NOT been a continuous resident of PA for the last 10 years, must complete an FBI background check. https://usys-assets.ae-admin.com/assets/947/15/IdentoGo%20Service%20Code%203-12-2018.pdf
About 10 days for approval. You will need to register online first and then go get fingerprinted at an approved location.
Have to renew every 5 years.
4. Concussion Certificate:
FREE. 30 min to complete online. Have to renew annually.
5. Safe Sport Training
FREE. Have to renew annually.
Log in to your gotsport account. https://system.gotsport.com/. If you do not already have one, contact the registrar. Go to Dashboard. Scroll down to Safe Sport. Click on More Info to the right. Click on blue Start button. Upon completion, you will be issued a certificate. Please upload the certificate in to your gotsport account or email to registrar. The initial course takes 90 mins. Subsequent courses only need to be the 30 min refresher course.
6. EPYSA Coach Risk Management
FREE After logging in....
- go to Dashboard
- go to Requirements
- Scroll down to EPYSA Risk Management, click start and sign.
This will automatically expire after a year